West Wave pool closure information
Our exciting renovations are about to start soon – including bringing back the movable floor in our main pool after a hiatus of almost a year. If you’re unfamiliar with our movable floor, this is at the scoreboard end of our 50m pool and can adjust from 0.3m up to 1.8m deep. We will also be doing some work on our bulkhead which will enable us to turn our two 25m lane pools into one 50m pool.
This is a huge job, so we will need to fully close our Main Pool and Dive Well from Saturday August 31st and reopen Saturday November 2nd, 2019. We will also take this opportunity to complete some other renovations and renewal work in the Pool Hall.
Our Leisure (Wave pool*, Hydroslide), Hydrotherapy and Learn to Swim Pools will remain open during this renovation period as will our Gyms, Recreation Centre and Group Fitness sessions. Access to the Learn to Swim pool and Hydrotherapy pool will be through the Leisure side.
*Please be aware that our waves will operate for limited times at the weekends and will not operate mid-week.
Aqua Classes/Lane Swimming/Water Walking
- There will be a restructure to our Aqua class timetable and classes will be held in our Leisure Pool (Wave Pool) over the closure period (please note that there will no classes during the school holidays).
- Limited lanes and times for lane swimming and water walking will be available in our Wave Pool and water walking belts will be temporarily relocated next to the Wave Pool entry. Please take a look at our Pool schedule for more information.
We are working hard to minimize the impact of these renovations on your visits to West Wave, and have created some alternative membership options for the period of the closure should you need it.
- GET INTO IT MEMBERSHIPS
1. Continue being a ‘Get into It’ member and use our facilities that are available (adult spa, sauna, steam room, wave pool, toddler pool, family spa, fitness gym and group fitness classes), or check out our Auckland Council Pools and Leisure Bronze or Silver facilities. During the shutdown period we will also extend your membership to access our Gold pool facility, Tepid Baths!
2. You can also downgrade your membership to a ‘Gym It’ and have use of our fitness gym only
3. Another option, is to suspend your membership – this will not affect your suspension days per calendar year.
- SWIM IT MEMBERSHIPS
1. Stay active on the ‘Swim It’ membership and continue using our Leisure facilities with access to the adult spa, sauna, steam room, wave pool, toddler pool and family spa. Lane swimming and water walking will also be available (see above timetables)
2. Check out any of our Auckland Council Pools and Leisure Bronze, Silver or Gold pool facilities
3. You can also suspend your membership – this will not affect your suspension days per calendar year.
- 10-VISIT SWIM CARDHOLDERS AND SWIM SQUAD
1. Continue using our Leisure facilities including the adult spa, sauna, steam room, wave pool, toddler pool and family spa. Lane swimming and water walking will also be available (see above timetable)
2. Check out any of the following Auckland Council Pool and Leisure facilities (your 10-visit pass will be accepted at these facilities only):
– Tepid Baths (excluding 30 Sept to 10 Oct)
– Albany Stadium Pool
– Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre (excluding 7 Oct to 3 Nov)
– Takapuna Pool and Leisure Centre (excluding 9 Sept to 6 Oct)
– Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre (from 9 Sept)
3. You can also suspend your pass during the closure period.
We will post regular updates to our Facebook page (@westwavepoolsandleisure) during the renovation period – be sure to follow us (if you don’t already) to keep up to date with how the area is looking and progressing! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to chat to any of our staff or call us on 09 301 0101.