Fitness is for everyone
We make getting fit and staying fit as easy as possible. We motivate, encourage and support you every step of the way, no matter what your goals are. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle, improve your heart health or train for a particular event, we’re there for you.
A Get Into It membership at Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre is far more than a regular gym membership. Sign up with us and you become part of our community. As well as access to our state-of-the-art fitness centre and all the group fitness classes you care to try, your membership gives you access to our pools, spa and sauna and aqua fitness classes. Just need the gym without the other stuff? Then try our Gym It membership which just gives you access to our fitness centre. All membership options have a joining fee of $50.
Get real results with our group fitness classes! These classes harness the energy of the group for a motivating, challenging and totally addictive workout experience. We offer a wide variety of yoga styles, to suit your preferred practice type, plus small group training classes. There’s also a selection of Les Mills® programmes, each instructed by fully qualified professionals and scientifically recognised as being amongst the best fitness programmes available worldwide.
All our workouts are designed to be fun and provide for a range of abilities and fitness levels – so no matter what your body type, fitness or coordination, there’s a class to suit you.
Get into your groove with just our group fitness classes. A Move It membership is for those who love group fitness and don’t need all the other stuff we offer (excl. aqua classes). All membership options have a joining fee of $50.
Download the Stanmore Bay group fitness autumn timetable (valid from 3 April)
View the Gentle Fit timetable here (this is to replace aqua classes while the pool is closed for renovations)
NB: please disregard the the normal timetable for all Public Holidays
ANZAC DAY: Wednesday 25 April 1pm to 6pm
(NO group fitness classes)
Group fitness timetable
Senior fitness and activities
Fitness is for everyone – including you! With a wide range of senior fitness activities, you’ll be well on the way to improving your flexibility, strength, balance and coordination. Come in and talk to our friendly fitness instructors who will design a gym programme suited to your needs.
- Gentle Fitness – low impact activity for strength and balance, posture and coordination to help build fitness gradually in a friendly and supportive group.
Mon-Wed-Fri 8.30am to 9.10am
- Never 2 Old – an exercise programme for mature adults developed by AUT. Focus on resistance, light cardio, flexibility and balance. Social and supportive group with a monthly get-together (last Friday of the month).
Mon-Wed-Fri 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Cardiac and Rehab Group – pool based session for anyone who is rehabilitating or has had a cardiac event. The Hibiscus Coast Cardiac and Rehab social club meet every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the meeting room for cups of tea and a chat.
Mon and Fri 8.30am to 9.15am
- Green Prescription (GRx) – pool sessions for gentle exercise/rehabilitation. Green Prescription from your GP is required.
Wed 9.15am to 9.45am and Sat 7.30am to 8am
- Badminton – seniors badminton, socially competitive.
Mon-Wed-Fri 9am to 11am
- Super Circuit – join our fitness instructors in the gym for a 45min circuit-style group training class, with a resistance focus for total body strength benefits. Limited spaces, book at reception.
Mon-Wed-Fri 10.15am to 11am
- Aqua classes – with up to 12 varied aqua fitness classes per week, there’s plenty to choose from. See the group fitness timetable for class days/times.
- Spa and sauna – enjoy the therapeutic benefits of our spa and sauna for your post-workout recovery and relaxation. Please talk to our pool lifeguards for information regarding use – especially if it’s your first time.
- Yoga – we offer a varied programme of yoga styles suitable for all ages and abilities. See the group fitness timetable for class days/times.
- BODYBALANCE® – A yoga, tai chi, pilates inspired class that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm. See the group fitness timetable for class days/times.
- Osteoarthritis Smart Course – if the pain of arthritis is cramping your style, help reduce and improve your symptoms and lifestyle. Check with our staff when the next course is on.
- Senior fitness testing – we run regular sessions of industry best practice tests for seniors. Tests provide a baseline and help identify any weaknesses which we can target to improve. Check with our staff for more details.
- Plus…you can learn to swim with our fully qualified instructors, or just want to swim the lanes? We usually have plenty of lane space between 10am and 3pm for water walking or lane swimming. Please check our pool schedule on the Pools page for availability.
Need a little extra external motivation to keep you on track? Sign up to work with one of our personal trainers and feel the benefits!
Whether you want to strip off body fat, sculpt your body, increase your muscle mass, or just get into the best shape of your life – Donna can show you how to take the steps to a healthier, fitter you. Maybe you only need a session or two to keep you going, or if you’re keen on regular sessions for that extra challenge, Donna can help you achieve your goals faster.
Donna is a member of the NZ Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). Her expertise lies in fat/weight loss, body sculpting, weight gain/body building and she has a background in nutrition and remedial body therapies. Contact her today to see how she can help you – call her on 021 255 8261 or email her.
Whether it’s one-on-one training or training with a friend, Julie can help you!
Julie is a long-standing group fitness instructor and truly understands the importance of good health and fitness, not only to become physically healthier but also reaping the mental benefits that comes with exercise.
A REPs registered exercise professional, Julie specialises in core strength, sports specific and high intensity training. As your trainer, it is her job to take you to a place you won’t go on your own. Contact her now for a casual chat – 021 177 1500 or email her.
Fitness centre hours
Monday – Thursday: 5.30am-9pm