Has your doctor given you a green prescription?
The solution to improved health often lies not in medication, but in simple, small lifestyle changes – and that’s what Green Rx is all about. A green prescription means your doctor is empowering you to make the changes that will improve your health and give you a happier, better life.
Of course, we know that simple isn’t always the same as easy, so we’re here to help you. A number of our centres offer classes specially designed for Green Rx holders who are looking for low-cost physical activity and wellness programmes, in partnership with Sport Auckland in the south and Health West in the west. Programmes range from educational workshops to group fitness classes, aqua group fitness, supervised gym workouts and low-impact outdoor adventures.
See your local centre’s recreation programme for current Green Rx classes:
- Allan Brewster Leisure Centre
- Manurewa Pool and Leisure Centre
- Moana-Nui-a-Kiwa Pool and Leisure Centre
- Otara Pool and Leisure Centre
- Glenfield Leisure Centre
- Stanmore Bay Leisure (starting 14 October)
Find out more: Contact your local Sport Auckland, Health West or Harbour Sport staff member for more information on Green Rx activities.
- Mangere and Papatoetoe: | T 09 623 7900
- Otara and Franklin: | T 09 623 7900
- Clendon and Manurewa: | T 09 623 7900
- Papakura, Howick and Pakuranga: | T 09 623 7900
- West Auckland: Health West | T 09 822 8000
- North Shore: Glenfield Leisure Centre: David Catherwood | T 09 415 4656 | E firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hibiscus Coast: Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre: Wilbur Jeftha | T 09 415 4651 | E email@example.com