Pool and Leisure Centres and the COVID19 Protection Framework
Page last updated: 21 December 2021
Tāmaki Makaurau is currently in the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Below is some important information on how our pools and leisure centres will be operating under Red and Orange of the traffic light system.
Please note there are very few changes for how our centres operate between Red and Orange.
- Most services will be operating with certain measures in place to keep customers and staff safe. Each function may differ depending on which light we are in, so see below for specific guidelines:
- For specific centre information, please visit your local centre's page.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, you can:
- Contact our Call Centre (09) 301 0101,
- or email your nearest centre.
For a full list of services within the Auckland Council, visit the Auckland Council website.
To keep everyone safe when visiting any of our facilities under the COVID-19 Protection Framework, please:
- Use myLEISURE to book into group fitness classes.
- Wear a mask. Be considerate of those who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons. You can remove masks while exercising and swimming.
- Be aware most customer-facing staff will also be wearing masks unless they are not required to for safety reasons. Lifeguards will not be required to wear a mask while working on poolside.
- Maintain 1m physical distancing from others. During RED this is mandatory, while in Orange this is strongly encouraged.
- Use EFTPOS or other contactless payments if you can. But we will still be accepting cash.
- Follow the guidance of our staff and signage to keep everyone safe when sharing our spaces.
- Note: This guidance may be subject to change in accordance with our government and relevant industry bodies.
For more information about myLEISURE, visit aucklandleisure.co.nz/myleisure/
If you need myLEISURE support, visit aucklandleisure.co.nz/myleisure-help/